10 Date Night Ideas When You’re Stuck in Quarantine
I’ve been annoyed with my husband lately. It’s pretty normal to feel this way when you spend 366 hours (and counting…) with another living person who won’t shut up about how sad they are their gym is closed (God, help me).
We are bound to get on each other’s nerves during quarantine. Plus we have five people hanging out 24/7 under the same roof (God, help us).
The other day, my friend texted me, “How’s it going?”
I repeated the same refrain we’re all probably saying: “blah blah so tired of being stuck inside blah blah.”
Then she asked me something that surprised me: “Have you and your husband gone on a date lately?”
“Uh no,” I texted her back, and then I laughed.
“What’s so funny?” my husband asked from the other side of the room.
“Kelly just asked if we’d gone on a date.”
“Yeah, right,” he snorted.
“Why not?” Kelly texted back. “Jake and I had a really nice at-home date the other day!”
“Haha,” I texted back.
“No, really,” she said. “You guys should do one.”
“Meh,” I texted back.
My husband and I are around each other constantly right now, and once the kids are in bed, all I want to do is crawl into bed myself. The last thing I would want to do is have a date that might require me to, I don’t know, shower or shave or make or do something.
Honestly, the first thought I had was, “You know what would make a great date? Once the kids are in bed, he goes to one side of the house, and I go to the other for an hour of uninterrupted silence.”
But when I got past that initial thought, I could recognize that regular date nights help me feel closer to my partner and remind me that we’re a team. They can be a break from everything else going on in life, and with everything being as stressful as it currently is, I realized her idea was a great one.
Comments
Post a Comment